How can Facebook Milestones help your business?
Think about when you are making a decision to use a specific service or product. What kind of information is important to you while in the decision making process? Here are a few things that are important to me and I take into consideration before choosing a product or service:
- How long has this business been in my community?
- How long has this person been with the company?
- If not long then how long has this person been in the industry?
- What are other people saying about this business?
- What does this business do to support the local community?
- Have any of my friends used this service/product?
- What kind of a reputation does this business have in the business community?
- Does this company have responsive customer service?
As you can see my questions are not so much service or product related. They are more people related – and that is how you can stand out on Facebook.
Facebook Milestones easily answer these questions
A Milestone is a special kind of Facebook post. It allows for a larger image, specific date (you can back date them), and for telling a story. They will stay in your Timeline as the right place so people can do research on your company. By using Milestones you are giving a more rounded picture of your business.
What makes a Milestone?
My answer is anything that answers the questions above.
- Make sure your company has entered when it started or was founded
- Make sure to mention business Anniversaries
- Have you hosted/sponsored any Community Events?
- Are you on the board of any Non Profits?
- Do you speak at any events?
- Do any of your customers send you Thank You cards? Flowers?
- Do you have any written Testimonials you can scan and upload?
- Hire any new employees?
- Promoted anyone?
- Received any awards/recognition?
- Had any write ups in Newspapers/Magazines?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have material for a Facebook Milestone post. One of the great things about Milestones is that you can create them at any time and back date them so they show up in your Timeline correctly.
Have you filled out your Facebook Milestones yet?