Why is Content Creation Important?
CEX (Content Economy Expo) is an annual event that brings together industry leaders, content creators, and technology providers to explore the latest trends and innovations in the content creation industry. The event features keynote speeches, panel discussions, and workshops on topics such as content strategy, distribution, monetization, and measurement.
I attended CEX last week and have information to share with you!
Content creation plays a crucial role in website ranking as it is one of the key factors that search engines like Google use to determine the relevance and quality of a website. Creating high-quality, engaging, and informative content not only attracts visitors to your website but also helps establish your website as an authoritative source of information in your niche. Content can be an article, podcast, video, or any combination.
Search engines also prioritize websites with fresh and relevant content, so regularly publishing new content can help improve your website’s search engine ranking. Additionally, when you create optimized content for specific keywords and phrases, you can improve your website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) for those keywords and phrases. To learn how to optimize an article, take the Blogging Made Easy! Course.
Overall, content creation is essential to building and maintaining a successful website. By creating high-quality content that engages and informs your audience, you can attract more traffic to your site, establish your website as an authoritative source of information in your niche, and improve your search engine ranking.
What I Learned at CEX2023
AI Generated Content
There was much discussion about Artificial Intelligence (AI) generated content. AI is growing exponentially, and as business owners, we must adapt to grow with it. AI will not replace our businesses – if we are outstanding service providers.
What can AI be used for?
There are many uses for AI, and this list is not exhaustive:
- Creating an article outline and summary: One of the hardest things to do when writing is looking at a blank page or screen. Use AI to create the outline or overview of what you want to write about. Then add your experience, observations, or tips to the article.
- Brainstorming: AI is great for creating lists of topics related to a category. Ask it to brainstorm for you! You will be surprised at what it will come up with and will likely get many different article or content ideas from one brainstorming session.
- Video scripts: AI can write you an entire script for a video. You can then adjust the script to fit your personality and add it to a video prompter (or wing it). This will give you a start for what to say on a video.
- Social Media posts: Ask AI to give you ideas for social media posts on a specific topic. You can add your personality or humor to the post before uploading it to social platforms. You can even ask AI to give you ideas for what type of image to use (if you want an image post).
- Summarizing: Ask AI to summarize a video or lengthy article. I have taken YouTube transcripts and asked AI to generate a YouTube description for the video. This saves tremendous amounts of time. You can even ask AI to correctly punctuate the transcription and paste it back into the YouTube closed captions area. This will give your video captions proper punctuation, making you look more professional.
- Research: It is way faster to ask AI to look through the Internet for information on a specific topic and summarize it for you. Then you can use that research to write your piece of content.
- Get a style guide: Ask ChatGPT to “Please, analyze the content I’ve included above. Analyze my writing style and provide me with a style guide for my team. Thank you”
This is a short list. But is contains AI uses that all business owners can implement to save time and work more efficiently. AI is a helper, not a creator. YOU are the creator!