How to Get Your Tweets into Your Website
Twitter has allowed for embedding for Tweets for quite some time now. This is the first time I have taken advantage of the feature. It was quite simple:
- Find the Tweet you want to embedd
- Click the small triangle next to More
- Choose embed
- Copy code
- Go to your website
- Paste the code
Here is what they look like:
Client Review by Terri Shinners – Thanks for the great review! – https://t.co/hw9Jzd4e2v via @AskDotty
— Dotty Scott (@AskDotty) November 11, 2017
Why Embed a Tweet?
There are many reasons you might want to embed a Tweet:
- This is a photo of me speaking at a business networking meeting. I could use this to market my speaking or to promote the meeting.
- I have seen people embed a Twitter post on an error page for their website. This is very effective if the site is down and it is a Tweet about the problem. The comments and replies get added as well so the issue can be followed by visitors instead of everyone contacting the support team.
- Show the popularity of a service or product
- Embed a Vine video
- Share a Twitter conversation relevant to your business
- Share a Twitter testimonial or review
What other reasons can you think of to embed a Tweet?