How to Get Your Tweets into Your Website
Twitter has allowed for embedding for Tweets for quite some time now. This is the first time I have taken advantage of the feature. It was quite simple:
- Find the Tweet you want to embedd
- Click the small triangle next to More
- Choose embed
- Copy code
- Go to your website
- Paste the code
Here is what they look like:
— sharrypdx (@sharrypdx) April 1, 2014
Why Embed a Tweet?
There are many reasons you might want to embed a Tweet:
- This is a photo of me speaking at a business networking meeting. I could use this to market my speaking or to promote the meeting.
- I have seen people embed a Twitter post on an error page for their website. This is very effective if the site is down and it is a Tweet about the problem. The comments and replies get added as well so the issue can be followed by visitors instead of everyone contacting the support team.
- Show the popularity of a service or product
- Embed a Vine video
- Share a Twitter conversation relevant to your business
- Share a Twitter testimonial or review
What other reasons can you think of to embed a Tweet?
Blog Content: How to find Content for your Blog
Finding content for your blog is not hard ~ it can come from your knowledge or someone else’s knowledge. The best source is your knowledge. Listen to the questions your clients ask you. Answer these questions in a blog post. If one person has a question you can assume your other potential clients also have the question. The more you can get answered about your products or services the more qualified the leads your blog creates will be. The easier they will be to convert into sales.
I Do Not Have Time to Write a Blog Post
I hear this a great deal. Adding content to your website or blog does take time. I think of it as time spent on marketing. If you are really pressed for time you can sprinkle in content from other people’s knowledge on your blog. There are many sources you can find for other people’s content. Here are a few: Continue reading
Business Owners get frustrated with Social Media
Then they give up and say “It just does not work for me.” Many business owners do not realize all the benefits that are very hard to measure – that are working for them. Social Media is not a “get more traffic over night” solution. It is for building your brand, gaining a voice, gaining trust, and getting known. Here is an article that goes into this topic a little deeper.
In a world of social media noise, business owners and marketers have to be on top of social media updates to avoid getting lost in the shuffle! Here are five easy ways in which updating social media profiles can be a huge benefit for your company. Community – Social media gives small businesses the…
This is a VERY interesting take on marketing. Distinguish your company by marketing your Why before the benefits of the product or service. This is an 18 minute video – well worth the watch!
People do business with companies that have the same beliefs and values.