How to Get Your Tweets into Your Website
Twitter has allowed for embedding for Tweets for quite some time now. This is the first time I have taken advantage of the feature. It was quite simple:
- Find the Tweet you want to embedd
- Click the small triangle next to More
- Choose embed
- Copy code
- Go to your website
- Paste the code
Here is what they look like:
— sharrypdx (@sharrypdx) April 1, 2014
Why Embed a Tweet?
There are many reasons you might want to embed a Tweet:
- This is a photo of me speaking at a business networking meeting. I could use this to market my speaking or to promote the meeting.
- I have seen people embed a Twitter post on an error page for their website. This is very effective if the site is down and it is a Tweet about the problem. The comments and replies get added as well so the issue can be followed by visitors instead of everyone contacting the support team.
- Show the popularity of a service or product
- Embed a Vine video
- Share a Twitter conversation relevant to your business
- Share a Twitter testimonial or review
What other reasons can you think of to embed a Tweet?
WordPress plugins are not all equal
Some cause sever conflicts with your site, others cause minor problems with other plugins. Here is a list of plugins that have been found to cause problems. Feel free to add your findings to the list as well.
[listly id=”6j8″ layout=”full”]
Where is Search headed?
Would it help your business if you had a “heads-up” on the future of Google Search? Would you start now preparing for what is rolling out in the next year? I would (am).
It is called Google Carousel – and it is live for local restaurant and theater searches now. Here is a screen shot of the new look.
Some important things to notice: Continue reading
Why is Personal Branding important?
If you are a business owner or an employee ~ personal branding is important because people buy from people they like, know, and trust. A Personal Brand is just as important as a business brand, especially if you are in sales!
Vizify as a Personal Branding Tool
Vizify is a very simple website that creates a pictorial bio of you. Then you can link to the profile and embed it in your email. It allows you to upload images, sync with social media accounts, enter your location, add links, and enter text.
The Vizify pages can be customized to your colors and you can add (or not add) specific modules. This gives you the flexibility to include just what you are wanting to include. Some of the modules are are interactive like the Locations allows you to enter all your previous locations and a plane flys around the map showing your location history. (You do NOT have to use this feature). The Foursquare module shows a breakdown of your Checkins.
I have used:
- Links area to link to all the other Online Profiles and websites that I have on the Internet
- Photo module several times to upload awards, logos, and images of myself with important people in my field
- Quotes to enter in some of my favorite sayings
Once you have your profile built out (took me about 30 min total) you can share it on Social Media sites and embed it into your email signature. Here is how it shows up in my email:
Personal Branding is the same as your Personal Reputation. Online is it a way to build trust, credibility, a following, and to make sales. It is part of what will set you apart from your competition. Be the leader in your industry with your Personal Branding and Vizify will help!
Add a link to your Vizify page in the comments below.