Step by Step and Data Visualization
An Infographic tells the viewer information on a process, graphical data, or anything that can be put into an image.
Why use Infographics?
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
- On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links. (Source: Dan Zarrella)
- Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
- Articles with images get 94% more total views
People like images, they digest information in graphics quicker, and they like the SHARE images. Are you loosing out on this type of Social Engagement?
It is likely that you do not own or know how to use Photoshop (huge learning curve) ~ so here are a few alternatives that you can explore.
- Visual.ly ~ Visually is a one-stop shop for the creation of data visualizations and infographics, bringing together Marketing Gurus, Data Nerds and Design Junkies based on shared interests.
- Infogr.am ~ Gives you templates to add your data to, then download or share the created Infographic
- Easel.ly ~ Theme based web app for creating Infographics, and visualizing your data
- Piktochart ~ Theme based WYSWYG editor to create your own Infographics. They have a free and paid level.
These websites all allow you to create a graphic based upon your data and input using the layout they provide. This removes the need to create your own layout or to hire someone to create the layout for you. They all have limitations but overall they are a great solution to hiring it done to use in Social Media.