How to Blog
Business owners hear that they need to Blog ~ but have no clue How to Blog! They think it is:
- Technically Challenging
- Time Consuming
- “I am not a writer” is heard often
- ________________ Insert any other complaint
Business Blogging: Blog with Purpose
There are many reasons to Blog. Each of these reasons has a purpose and goal behind them. Here are a few:
- Get your information out to the public ~ this is the main reason for people that are considered writers
- Show your Authority and your Business Expertise ~ Great reason for Business Owners
- Improve your website Search Engine Placement and Page Rank
- Attract the right kind of new clients
- Get traffic to your site from a larger variety of sources
- Improve inbound links
How to Blog with a Purpose
As a business owner you do not have time to waste. Each and every thing you do Online needs to lead you closer to your goal ~ closer to achieving your plan. Here are a few ideas to keep you focused and moving forward with purpose.
- Create 3-5 categories and make sure everything you write will fit into one of these categories. If it does not then do not write it.
- There needs to be at least 10 blog posts in each category before creating any new categories. This will keep your Business Blogging efforts more focused.
- Before creating your Categories perform some basic keyword research to be sure they are words that are actually being searched, not just what you think people are searching.
- Listen to your readers/customers and provide useful content FOR THEM
- Make your posts more than just sales pitches ~ they need to be useful tips that people can actually implement. This sets you as the authority and they will buy your services/products when they are ready.
Business Blogging is all about your potential and current clients. If you make it about them you will have great success. You can get step-by-step training on how to blog.